Thursday 8 May 2014

Monica Lewinsky's Vanity Fair magazine under fire

Monica Lewinsky, Vanity Fair
From E! News
Why would Monica Lewinsky step back into the limelight?

It's the question millions of Americans have been asking since Tuesday, when excerpts from her Vanity Fair article were first published online. The former White House intern explained her reasoning in the piece, writing, "I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past." Lewinsky, 40, also hopes to combat cyber bullying. "Beyond the humiliation, shame hung around my neck," she wrote. "Every day I am recognized. Every day."
"Despite what some headlines will falsely report about this piece, this is not about Me versus the Clintons. Their lives have moved on...I wish them no ill," Lewinsky clarified. "And I fully understand that what has happened to me and the issue of my future do not matter to either of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment