Friday 25 July 2014

Benedict Cumberbatch dances around the Doctor Strange question

I know some of the fans are out there right now enjoying the joys of Comic-Con and as we all know, Benedict Cumberbatch was there for the PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR panel but could he also have been there for let's say a Marvel movie? I sure hope so. Seeing one of my favorite actors be a Super-hero, That's the dream right there.

It was said that during the PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR panel, Benedict Cumberbatch andJohn Malkovich were asked which superhero would they like to play to which John responded that he would like to play Lois Lane and Benedict jumped in and said;

"Nurse Normal? Wait for it. Wait for it. Let the penny drop. … OK, that’s a joke about Doctor Strange. Batman, I suppose?"

I know you might have been joking Benedict but i sure hope you're not. He answered the question more directly when he was interviewed by MTV saying;

“As far as I’m aware, even if that was the case, it couldn’t work out because I’m doing a little play called ‘Hamlet’ in London,” he said. “So I don’t think I could even if that was in the cards. It sounds like a fantastic project. It’s a shame if I miss out, but who knows?”

Even though he might not get the chance to play Doctor Strange, we still have a number of talented actors on the list to play the titular character and we can still see him in many more movies so no loss there right?

No comments:

Post a Comment