Tuesday 16 December 2014

Cinderella: My Review of the trailer

Source: www.ign.com

It seems like Disney is up to their old tricks again. The latest trailer coming out of this iconic studio is the very well known fairy-tale that has made girls all over the world delusional and has built the very high profile of what prince charming should look like "Cinderella".

This movie is one of many fairy-tales turn box office, we've seen and will definitely be seeing for a long time but what I really doubt is if this movie will live up to the reputation that has been set by other fairy-tales that came before it because I am not very impressed with the story as it looks like the same old story which will kind of defeat the purpose of the whole shenanigan.

All that said, I might still go and see this movie at the cinema if only to watch two iconic women at work. Helen Bonham Carter (Fairy Godmother) and Cate Blanchett (Lady Tremaine) are women of a certain kind as it seems like they are each in a category of their own. One of the first things I thought of when I saw Helen was the fairy godmother was *yikes* poor cinderella and my fears were confirmed when she changed from the rickety old grandmother to the fairy godmother and she kind of looked scarier than when she was disguised *I love that woman*. Cate Blanchett on the other hand looks like she was born for that role with her deep voice and a seemingly terrifying demeanor, who would want to call her "Madam".

This movie has all the makings of a possible average but I'll leave that to the experts. Please watch the trailer especially the international trailer since I found that version somewhat hilariously and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment