Wednesday 21 January 2015

My List of Five(5) Favorite New TV shows (2014/2015)

Source:madefortvacademy.com
I am a total TV shows freak even though ironically, I don't actually watch TV and I know I'm weird that way but it actually is a common practice in my country(Nigeria) WE DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!! or wait for "Omo Ibo" to combine the episodes into one pirated CD and sell to us at a very constant price of N 150 or N 200 in extreme cases. Not that I've not done this myself but a while ago or let me say after a couple of regrets, I decided to start scanning through the net and finding my own download spots. But that is not what I am here to talk about, that is a story for another day. This season has brought lots of exciting new shows but it seems like only very few of them made it to my good graces and I want to share some of them with you guys. SO SIT BACK, RELAX, AND READ


Source: hypable.com
MTV has done it again and I think they picked a real winner with this one. Eye Candy might seem like just another crime and investigation drama to you much like "The Mentalist" or "Criminal Minds", but I think it has the potential to be a lot more if they play their cards right.

Victoria Justice or like I like to think of her "The girl who looks like Nina Dobrev" is actually a good actress. I had my doubts especially when I read that the show was about a smart, techy and more hip hacker, I thought could she really do this? but I'm glad I was wrong because she pulled of the role of Lindy very nicely and I will very much like to see how this turns out.

Synopsis: Lindy is a 21-year-old hacker with a gift for seeing clues and connections in the digital world that others can't. Persuaded by her roommate to try online dating, Lindy begins to suspect that one of her suitors is a deadly cyber stalker. When the local cyber-crimes unit uncovers a potential serial killer in Manhattan, all signs point to this mysterious stalker. Teaming up with the cyber unit and some hacker friends, Lindy leads the charge to solve these murders while unleashing her own style of "justice" on the streets of New York City.

4. Forever

Source: hulu.com
This show is just wow. The guy(Henry Morgan) is very sherlock-like so he gets a definite pass from me and I love his wit and his weird fascination with death not that I'm fascinated by it but I love that very weird fact about him plus I love detective shows like you might have noticed from my rant about eye candy and I especially loved Ioan when he played Mr Fantastic in Fantastic Four.

So this show had all the things I wanted even before I started watching it and realized it actually had a very good story-line.

Synopsis:  Henry Morgan is a man who's been alive for 200 years and he doesn't know why and has spent the past 200 years trying to find out. Presently he works as a medical examiner in New York. Detective Jo Martinez works with him and is intrigued with him. Abe is the only one who knows Henry's secret.

3. Agent Carter

Source: screencrush.com
I have a process when I'm about to watch a new TV show, I read about it, I see if it has good reviews, then I decide when to watch the show. You might think this is unusual but I do this a lot. In this case, I actually did not like the fact that the show takes place in the 70s and I was rather skeptical about it so I decided not to watch until a day when I had nothing to watch and that was what I did.

But this show wowed me and it had me watching until around 11 pm even though I was supposed to be asleep so that I could wake up early for the next day's work. I loved the way (Hayley Atwell) played the role and I also loved the way the sort of showed that women are not to be underestimated "Girl Power". Her character is very strong, resourceful and well groomed butt-kicker and on the plus side, she dated Captain America so she has it all.

Synopsis: The war is over and almost everyone has experienced a loss. Agent Peggy Carter has lost the love of her life. To top it off, when billionaire Howard Stark is accused of Treason, he secretly employs her to clear his name. With the help of Stark's butler, she embarks on a crazy journey full of deceit, murder and controversy with a side of wise-cracking roommates.

2. Jane the virgin

Source: ariannablogstv.wordpress.com
The poster above says it all with this show, Gina is one hell of an actress and she looks good too. This show has lots of great cast members. From the narrator to Rogelio who I can proudly say is my best actor in the show, no offense Rafael but this guy is just too hilarious to ignore.

The show gives a much needed telenovela flair to The CW and I love it. The show has proved its worth by winning both People's Choice Awards and Golden Globes and I think there are more to come so keep it up guys.

Synopsis: A young, devout woman discovers that she was accidentally artificially inseminated.

1. Scorpion 


"Brain is the new sexy", if you agree with this, then you will totally love this show. Aside from the fact that there are so many inaccuracies, I don't think there is any reason this show should not have a second season. I love Walter and I especially love his brain and his cold approach to certain things that we think are pretty important.

I love his relationship with Ralph more and with extension Paige. Sylvester, Toby and Happy are just great but I'm a real sucker for Walter.

Synopsis: An eccentric genius forms an international network of super-geniuses to act as the last line of defense against the complicated threats of the modern world.

1 comment:

  1. Jane the virgin takes the crown for me. Glad Gina won a golden globe.
    I'm loving Empire. Can't believe Scorpion is number 1 for you. Too many inaccuracies in that show. Oh Agent Carter is killing it!

    ReplyDelete