Friday 2 October 2015

TV shows: First 2 weeks of Fall Season

Source: www.readjunk.com
Hi guys, I know it's been a while since I last wrote anything but now that the Fall season is in full gear, I feel the need to say a few words about some of the shows that have impressed me or disappointed me these past 2 weeks.

First, I'd like to welcome all of us back to our favorite time of the year or at least MY favorite time of the year. These 2 weeks have been such a roller coaster from Lucious Lyon being his awesome self to Sheldon cooper being well Sheldon cooper to Olivia being outted as the President's mistress and so much more.

We were hit with a tsunami of surprises by the writers of these shows and we hope they keep up the pace. Even though Empire's first episode was hard to pin down as it felt like they were trying so hard not to let the fans down but ended up confusing us. The second episode more than made up for that especially with Lucious getting out of prison on bail at the end of the show, I mean someone's head's gonna roll this next episode.

Heroes Reborn, hmmmmmm, what can I say about this show that those who have watched it will agree with me. I loved seeing Zachary Levi in a not so him kind of role but I feel this show needs more dazzle or they will not make it to the next season. They have so much to live up to but they are kind of falling short of that glory.

Grandfathered and The Grinder have practically the same review for me, they are moderately awesome and I like the fact that they have those little "Oh shit" moments but they still need to step up their game since they have to contend with giants such as Modern Family and Black-ish.

Blindspot and Limitless also have the same review to me. The first episodes were so packed with intrigue that they rose the bar very high for the next episode but failed to meet up with the pace in the next and they ended with the same punchline as well.

Minority Report is in a category of its own, it has that distracting allure of new technology and a moderately constructive storyline and hell it has Meegan Good so I'm game with it. I am also curious about what will happen at the end of this season since it looks like there might be a betrayal afoot.

All in all, we have a strong fall season ahead of us and I think we will very much enjoy this season.

P.S: I really don't like Rosewood

No comments:

Post a Comment