Thursday 19 June 2014

Marvel recruits Jon Spaihts from "Prometheus" to write "Doctor Strange"

Doctor Strange is one of the Marvel Studios movies that people are really anticipating and that includes me. Recently, the movie got Scott Derrickson(Sinister) as its director and with this improvement, the movie will be getting revised and it has been said that the movie will be getting a new writer, Jon Spaihts. 
According to Deadline, Marvel is moving up the time-table for the movie and the movie might be getting the next release slot Marvel has claimed meaning we can be expecting Doctor Strange in July, 2016. Also, we can be expecting the panel to be present at the San Diego Comic Con next month.
The Three actors being considered as main lead are Benedict Cumberbatch, Jared Leto and Tom Brady.
Who would you prefer?
Scott Derrickson told JoBlo that he had always loved Doctor Strange:
“I wanted it really bad. More than any other project that I’ve gone after, I felt compelled to do everything in my power to get on that project. Genuinely felt like I was the right guy to do it.”
He also said:
“I think the nicest surprise for me, the most unexpected surprise, is the positive reaction. Both to me getting the film – I guess I expected the detractors, and they just haven’t been there, it’s all been quite positive. More than that, it’s just the general enthusiasm for Doctor Strange. I think people who know the comic world and the Marvel universe, they all feel the same way I do, which is, “This is the Marvel movie we’re all ready to see now.” This movie needs to exist. The outpouring of excitement that people have shown is the thing I’ve been most pleasantly surprised.”
Doctor Strange is my perfect mesh of two things i love in a movie, magic/mystics and sci-fi/Hero-time. I hope they are able to put together a very good combination of both. Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment